Have you always dreamed of walking down the aisle to a particular piece of music? If not, it can be difficult to choose your bridal processional.
Your processional can set the tone for the ceremony to follow!
- The Prince of Denmark’s March (Trumpet Voluntary), is a dignified and stately piece speaking of the decorum and seriousness of the wedding ceremony and marriage vows.
- Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring emphasizes the beauty of the wedding, perhaps hinting at religious overtones since it is a composition by Bach for church use.
- Storybook Love (Theme from Princess Bride) communicates the wonder of romantic and ideal love that you feel.
The idea is that you can choose to say something about your thoughts and feeling regarding marriage through your processional music, and all of these are good. As it turns out, though, you have to choose just one to walk to!
Some other choices and what they might mean to you:
- Bridal Chorus (traditional bridal march) – this may say that you favor a traditional approach to wedding music, or it might simply be that your mom or grandma walked the aisle to it, and you want to continue the tradition.
- Bless the Broken Road might be chosen because life and love were difficult for you, making this day that much sweeter.
- From This Moment could be for many of the reasons above ~ romantic love or commitment, for example.
- Pachelbel’s Canon in D is one of the most relaxing and famous wedding songs ever written, so it may be you favor a beautiful and gentle bridal processional.
- Meditation from Thais is so incredibly beautiful that you may choose it simply because you love truly exceptionally beautiful music, or the beauty of a wonderfully played violin solo with orchestra.
- You And Me by Lifehouse is a very intimate song that emphasizes the oneness of bride and groom, and that they stand together in this world.
- All Creatures Of Our God And King, a stately hymn, might underscore your allegiance to your Creator and your understanding of His prominent role in blessing your marriage.
- Morning Mood from Peer Gynt is another lovely piece that would be like the morning sun rising on the beautiful bride as she gives herself freely to the love of her life.
There are countless other bridal processional songs you can choose that might communicate one of these ideas or something else personal and meaningful; so have fun as you consider the options, and have a blessed wedding and walk down the aisle!
Read an entertaining post about Storybook Love, the Theme from Princess Bride.